Monday, May 23, 2005

Daily Math Puzzle

Most of you have probably seen or maybe even try to complete the daily crossword puzzle in the Edmonton Journal. Now, if you are good with words (which are not my strong point) you probably quite enjoy completing crossword puzzles. Since I am good with numbers I prefer number related problems.

Yesterday I was sitting in my backyard enjoying the shade of my favorite tree reading the newspaper. There was an article about a number puzzle called Sudoku. Here is how Sudoku works:

You are given a 9 x 9 grid. The object is to fill in the grid so that every row, every column and every 3 x 3 box contains the digits 1 through 9. Sounds easy!!!! Well, I thought I would give it a try. I am hooked!!! I can't put down these puzzles until I solve them.

For a more detailed and pictorial explanantion of Sudoku check out this site.
If you get hooked on Sudoku and would like a new puzzle each day visit The Times of London website where they publish a new Sudoku puzzle each day.

Give Sudoku a try. I think you will like it.

No comments: