Monday, October 10, 2005

It's Been a Long Time Since I Blogged

For those of you who followed my blog last school year you may be wondering what happened to my blog. Well I have to say "Life happened!!!!". Last semester I taught 3 blocks of the day and had 1 block as a prep period. I was not coaching last semester either. I have found this semester with teaching 4 blocks and coaching cross country running 4 nights a week I have had little or no time to blog. I hope to change this.

It is interesting though. I really do want to blog and provide extra resources to my students. However, time is necessary to do this. I still have to prepare my daily lessons, mark homework and assignments and fit a few minutes in with my wife and kids.

It would sure nice to have a prep period every semester. That 80 minutes a day makes it possible to keep up with my teaching duties and still blog. Ah, if only dream worlds did exist!!

I definitely have to figure out how to juggle all of the balls in life and still blog.

2 comments:

Darren Kuropatwa said...

It's good to hear from you again! I don't envy you the difficult load you're carrying this year. I don't think I could handle such a heavy load. ;-)

I'm running three classroom blogs this year and I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it. Now I've got kids doing most of the posting and they've really taken control. Check out this post at A Difference and then look in on my blogs. Maybe this will help?

Post again when you can.

Darren Kuropatwa said...

BTW, you can sidestep the spam comments (like the first one above) by activating "word verification" in the settings panel under [comments] in Blogger.